- How to Eat Chia Seeds for Weight LossPosted 93 days ago
- Lipo 6 Ingredients – Alkaloids & Weight LossPosted 94 days ago
- Buy Optifast Cheap – Optifast Meal ReplacementPosted 97 days ago
- Diagnosis and Treatment Options for HypertensionPosted 101 days ago
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do For Weight LossPosted 107 days ago
- Acai Berry Supreme—Learn How It Can Help YouPosted 120 days ago
- Acai Berry Power 500 – Is It Safe To Use It On Long-Term?Posted 124 days ago
- Acai Berry Select Review: How It Promotes Weight Loss Through Its Herbal ComponentsPosted 128 days ago
- The Common Sense Diet: A Miracle Cure For Weight LossPosted 131 days ago
- How to Use Laxatives for Weight LossPosted 138 days ago
Contact Lenses vs. Glasses: Which Wins?
It’s a battle that’s been going on for quite some time, but what is the answer to the contact lens versus eye glasses problem? Both have advantages and disadvantages that many people on both sides like to argue. Some say glasses are cheaper, longer lasting, and much healthier; others think that contacts give you added flexibility to your lifestyle and are less cumbersome. The truth is, you have to find whatever works for you, but there are several elements you need to consider when choosing corrective lenses for your eyes.
Eye glasses tend to have a one-time cost that you pay when you first get them and you never have to pay again, whereas lenses can add up to being much more expensive over time. However, keep in mind that if you lose or break your glasses then they will need replacing – often at great expense. Also, your prescription may change over time so you will need to invest in new lenses anyway. If you’re truly torn about which is the best way to go, consult your optician.
This is where lenses tend to win every time: they are practically invisible, are easy to carry around, and don’t impede your physical activity. Glasses need to be carried in a case because they are easy to break, and you will need to remove them if you’re engaging in any type of physical activity. Glasses are also easy to lose when you do take them off! Even something as simple as going for a meal or dancing the night away at a club can be marred by having to wear glasses.
It’s much easier to get contact lenses with different prescriptions than it is to find eyeglasses that differ; also, if there’s only a problem in one way then glasses are a waste as they cover both eyes! Contact lenses fit directly onto the eye and so increase your peripheral vision, whereas some of this vision is lost with the use of eyeglasses.
However, there is a higher risk of infection with contact lenses as you touch them and place them directly into your eye. You need to make sure the lenses are sterile and that your hands are clean before you do so. Also, after a long day of wearing contact lenses they can begin to irritate your eyes, meaning you may need to switch to glasses anyway. However, glasses can also be irritating as they are a constant weight on your face, nose and ears, whereas contact lenses are largely unnoticeable.
It seems that even though glasses are fashionable these days, the ease, comfort and even the cost of lenses when you can find cheap contact lenses online mean that lenses tend to win hands down! But remember: only choose the option that suits you personally!