- How to Eat Chia Seeds for Weight LossPosted 92 days ago
- Lipo 6 Ingredients – Alkaloids & Weight LossPosted 93 days ago
- Buy Optifast Cheap – Optifast Meal ReplacementPosted 96 days ago
- Diagnosis and Treatment Options for HypertensionPosted 100 days ago
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do For Weight LossPosted 106 days ago
- Acai Berry Supreme—Learn How It Can Help YouPosted 120 days ago
- Acai Berry Power 500 – Is It Safe To Use It On Long-Term?Posted 124 days ago
- Acai Berry Select Review: How It Promotes Weight Loss Through Its Herbal ComponentsPosted 128 days ago
- The Common Sense Diet: A Miracle Cure For Weight LossPosted 130 days ago
- How to Use Laxatives for Weight LossPosted 137 days ago
How Does a Personal Trainer Get You To Your Fitness Goals?
A qualified and experienced personal trainer can multiply, by several times, your chances of reaching your fitness goals. Your trainer can not only set goals which you are likely to consistently pursue but also prescribe the right fitness regimen so that you achieve results fast. A personal trainer can assume the following roles for you.
The smart goal-setter
Unrealistic fitness goals can sabotage your attempts to gain the fitness you want. Look around and you will find countless examples of people giving up on a fitness regimen soon after starting with gusto. Such people tend to get overwhelmed after a few days at the enormity of the goals and give up, disheartened. Your personal trainer sets realistic goals which you are more likely to persist with. Before setting goals, your fitness trainer takes into account the following factors:
- Your personal fitness aspirations.
- Your health and body type.
- Your daily lifestyle.
- Time and resources available to follow a fitness regimen.
- Your history of fitness regimens, if any.
Based on the information obtained, the trainer sets specific and measurable goals for you. Now, your trainer breaks a main goal into sub-goals which are smaller and easier to achieve. For example, if the main goal is to lose 20 pounds in ten months, then a sub-goal might be to lose two pounds each month. The trainer asks you to focus on one sub-goal at a time. As you achieve a sub-goal, you feel encouraged to pursue the next sub-goal and so on. The trainer also sets a periodic review mechanism so that your progress could be evaluated objectively.
The fitness guide
Many people work hard to improve fitness but do not get proportionate results. An inappropriate fitness regimen can not only delay the desired results but also prove harmful. Your body is different from that of anyone else and therefore, you need a customized fitness plan. Your fitness trainer prescribes a suitable fitness regimen for you, based on such factors as your age, profession, health, existing diseases, if any, and diet. More specifically, your fitness trainer chalks out the following for you:
- Exercises you will be performing.
- Exercise duration.
- A comprehensive diet plan.
Your personal trainer will also demonstrate the right way to perform the exercises so that the results follow quickly.
The motivational guru
Even with the smartest goals and the best fitness regimen, there might be days when you may feel like relenting on your regimen. Your personal trainer will push you to persist despite all the odds. A personal trainer will help you to stay on course so that you achieve your fitness goals on time.
While having a personal trainer is important for reaching your fitness goals, you also need to choose a trainer with the right credentials. Do thoroughly evaluate the qualifications and relevant experience of a trainer before hiring one.
Patrice Gomade writes about fitness for health blogs and websites. She has been doing freelance writing for 3 years and has become a specialist in personal training. Patrice often advises women to find a female personal trainer, because it tends to be very successful.