- How to Eat Chia Seeds for Weight LossPosted 122 days ago
- Lipo 6 Ingredients – Alkaloids & Weight LossPosted 123 days ago
- Buy Optifast Cheap – Optifast Meal ReplacementPosted 126 days ago
- Diagnosis and Treatment Options for HypertensionPosted 130 days ago
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do For Weight LossPosted 136 days ago
- Acai Berry Supreme—Learn How It Can Help YouPosted 150 days ago
- Acai Berry Power 500 – Is It Safe To Use It On Long-Term?Posted 154 days ago
- Acai Berry Select Review: How It Promotes Weight Loss Through Its Herbal ComponentsPosted 158 days ago
- The Common Sense Diet: A Miracle Cure For Weight LossPosted 160 days ago
- How to Use Laxatives for Weight LossPosted 167 days ago
Pramiracetam And Its Effects On Enhancing Memory
Pramiracetam is a drug from the racetams class and is currently a very effective form of medication that can produce the enhancement of cognitive processes; it is known as the smart drug. It is derived from Piracetam- the first racetam discovered to have these types of nootropic (cognitive enhancement) properties.
Working mechanism of racetams:
This class of pharmaceuticals has been scientifically proven to improve memory and learning processes, although no specific mechanism has been discovered yet. This is due to the fact that, unlike coffee that has a very simple effect, racetams are more complex and it is not that easy to tell which one of their properties can cause these improving effects.
Still, some connections to the acetylcholine and glutamate systems have been established. These are two biological systems that are most likely related to intelligence and other cognitive properties.
Pramiracetam has some common properties with the other racetams; these include stimulating the oxidative catabolism of the neurons, causing them to increase the adenosine tri phosphate turnover at cellular level, increase energy and enhance brain metabolism by increasing the synthesis of protein in the cells of the brain. Racetams are believed to cause an increase in brain activity and have protective properties of neurons.
Why is pramiracetam better than other racetams?
This is mainly caused by the fact that pramiracetam is the strongest drug in his class. Comparisons to Piracetam have shown that this derivative is 15 times stronger than the initial racetam. This property is very useful, because it causes a lower dose that has to be administered every day in order to produce the expected effects. Unlike other racetams, it is also soluble in body fat, so it remains in the system for a longer time.
How can it be used to enhance memory?
Current studies have shown important evidence suggesting that this type of drug can increase the neuron sensitivity and metabolism. This can lead to increasing overall energy of the neurons and make your brain trigger memories easily. Thus, lightly encoded memories that may have seemed as faint signals in the brain can now become useful. It also improves brain functions that are often damaged with the aging process. Pramiracetam can boost thinking processes, without a high toxicity or any risk of addiction, like any other stimulants.
Nootropic drugs like pramiracetam have been proved to have the ability of improving brain processes, but most importantly they can cause the mental decline to stop, which can lead to spectaculous results.
Effects that have been proven to be caused by pramiracetam so far include:
- increase of memory capabilities
- Speeding of learning processes, including easy remembering of words, phrases and writing
- cognitive enhancement (possibly due to an increased blood flow between the two brain hemispheres)
- impoving attention and orientation in time and space
- high mental clarity
- neuron protection against the damaging effect of alcohol, or the severe effects of hypoxia (oxygen deprivation)
- fast mental recovery after alcohol abuse
- anti-aging properties
There are also a series of other potential effects of pramiracetam that have not yet been verified; it is believed that it could also cause some of the following: increases in creativity, photographic memory, stabilize sleep and dreams.
Unlike other racetams, pramiracetam also has a low calming effect, antidepressant properties and can have a beneficial effect on the patient’s behavior.
These properties make pramiracetam very helpful in treating Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, headaches and migraines, motion sickness, dyslexia(especially in children), Parkinson’s disease, and as a part of Down syndrome treatment. Pramiracetam has been succesfully used in regaining memory after severe memory loss caused by either physical injuries or other type of trauma (poisoning).
Many people would want to use these properties of pramiracetam to enhance their intellectual capabilities or memory. Unfortunately, this should only be done if the doctor decides that it can be beneficial and after a series of tests have been done. This is necessary in order to avoid any of the unpleasant side effects.
There are also some other racetams that have the same basic properties as pramiracetam, but have weaker effects and have to be administered in higher doses.
How is it administered?
Taking pramiracetam should always happen after consulting with you doctor, because it is necessary to establish if it would be beneficial for you.
The usual dose that is required in order to get a beneficial effect on your memory is 300 -600 mg every 12 hours, but not more than 1200 mg / day. The doses can be adjusted for each patient, and for a better effect, the pramiracetam dose can be divided and taken every 6 hours.
Improvement should start immediately, although in some cases it may take 4 to 8 weeks in order for the beneficial effect to appear. The maximum effect will occur after approximately 2 hours after administration.
It is not recommended taking it right before sleep, as it it possible to cause insomnia, sleep or nightmares.
Can it cause any side effects?
Like many pharmaceutical substances, pramiracetam can also cause various side effects, although they are rarely present in patients treated with this drug.
It is usually well tolerated, but the following side effects have been reported during clinical trials:
- Frequent side effects : nausea, pain in the upper side of the abdomen, dizziness, insomnia
- Less frequent side effects: gastro-intestinal reactions like dyspepsia, low appetite, anorexia, dry mouth, tremors and confusion.
- Rare side effects: muscle cramps, urinary incontinence, agitation, anxiety, depression or other related mental disorders.
If you are presented with any severe side effects, you should consult immediately with your doctor for proper treatment!
Some of these side effects, especially headaches are caused because pramiracetam make the brain use more of its choline reserves. Thus, using some medication that improves the levels of choline, like lecitines can be beneficial. Usage of pramiracetam is not advisable to people that are alergic to this specific drug, or any other substance in the racetams class, and people that have liver or kidney damage. Pregnant women or women who are breastfeeding should also avoid the administration of pramiracetam.