- How to Eat Chia Seeds for Weight LossPosted 95 days ago
- Lipo 6 Ingredients – Alkaloids & Weight LossPosted 96 days ago
- Buy Optifast Cheap – Optifast Meal ReplacementPosted 99 days ago
- Diagnosis and Treatment Options for HypertensionPosted 103 days ago
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do For Weight LossPosted 109 days ago
- Acai Berry Supreme—Learn How It Can Help YouPosted 123 days ago
- Acai Berry Power 500 – Is It Safe To Use It On Long-Term?Posted 127 days ago
- Acai Berry Select Review: How It Promotes Weight Loss Through Its Herbal ComponentsPosted 131 days ago
- The Common Sense Diet: A Miracle Cure For Weight LossPosted 133 days ago
- How to Use Laxatives for Weight LossPosted 140 days ago
Roasted Carrots in Cumin & Lime
Carrots, being a vegetable are healthy. However, with most healthy things, they simply don’t excite many people. Using simple recipes though with a combination of select herbs, they can be very tasty, and healthy; perfect for anyone on a diet.
The recipe below is a simple yet effected recipe using carrots and primarily cumin.
Try it. Being healthy is not that difficult.
Also, do not only stick to this recipe, mix it up and experiment with different vegetables, different herbs and even oils. It is amazing how you can turn 1 ingredient into an entire range of recipes.
- 1 pound baby carrots with fresh green tops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice and fresh grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the tops off the carrots (you can use them in salads if you enjoy their flavor). Toss them on a baking sheet with the olive oil, lime juice and zest, agave, salt and spices.
- Roast about 20 minutes, depending on size, until the carrots are just tender and beginning ot color. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the green onions and mint before tossing together and serving.