- How to Eat Chia Seeds for Weight LossPosted 94 days ago
- Lipo 6 Ingredients – Alkaloids & Weight LossPosted 95 days ago
- Buy Optifast Cheap – Optifast Meal ReplacementPosted 99 days ago
- Diagnosis and Treatment Options for HypertensionPosted 103 days ago
- What Does Apple Cider Vinegar do For Weight LossPosted 109 days ago
- Acai Berry Supreme—Learn How It Can Help YouPosted 122 days ago
- Acai Berry Power 500 – Is It Safe To Use It On Long-Term?Posted 126 days ago
- Acai Berry Select Review: How It Promotes Weight Loss Through Its Herbal ComponentsPosted 130 days ago
- The Common Sense Diet: A Miracle Cure For Weight LossPosted 132 days ago
- How to Use Laxatives for Weight LossPosted 140 days ago
The Four Most Popular Dietary Supplements
Dietary supplements can help fill in gaps in your diet and provide the vitamins and minerals you need to perform better and live healthier. The dietary supplement market is a multi-billion dollar industry. Below are four of the most popular supplements to consider:
1. Fish Oil
Fish oil might very well be the most popular dietary supplement, and there are good reasons for this. Omega-3 fatty acids present in fish oil are believed to be responsible for many positive health effects. Many doctors consider it to be heart healthy.
Feelings of depression and anxiety might be lessened by using this supplement, and some physicians have made a connection between taking fish oil and lessening the risk of macular degeneration as well. Quality fish oil vendors purify their supplements to eliminate mercury pollution. That being said, there are several other supplements that belong in many herbalist toolkits.
3. Vitamin C
Traditional wisdom suggests that vitamins should be acquired through food. When that’s not possible, dietary supplements can be used to make up for the deficiency. Vitamin C is used to detoxify poisons in the body and help stave off the usual agents of disease.
Antioxidants are a hot topic today, and this vitamin is a particularly easy one to swallow. Becoming deficient in vitamin C leads to a medical condition called scurvy. Better nutrition in the modern era has fortunately helped to prevent people from suffering that fate.
4. Ginseng Extract
While some individuals in the medical establishment may doubt its effectiveness, ginseng is used as a panacea for many types of illness. Some herbalists also connect its use with mental awareness. American ginseng blends are less of a stimulant than Asian ones, though Asian blends are ironically more readily available in the United States.
Ginseng is available in many different forms. It can be made into tea or purchased in capsules.
5. Vitamin D
This vitamin regulates the amount of calcium in the bloodstream. It might also play a role in cellular differentiation, which means that it could help to prevent certain types of cancer. Care should be taken to avoid ingesting too much vitamin D, though too little can cause a condition called rickets.
While the human body can produce vitamin D from exposure to ultraviolet light, this can be dangerous and dietary supplies are usually still necessary. Most people should only be exposed to moderate sunlight. Overexposure to ultraviolet light causes skin cancer, which is one of the reasons this supplement is so popular as a safe way increase one’s vitamin D intake.
John Reynolds provided this article on behalf of PureMatters.com where you can find calcium supplements and other great health products.